STEEMCC vision is to be a center of excellence, providing quality, effective health care wellness and management programs to the community. Your Health is Our 1st Priority.
STEEMCC mission is to provide comprehensive, high quality, accessible, affordable and cost effective primary healthcare services, including: Patient Education, Community Outreach, and Research.
The following core operating values influence the culture and public image of STEEMCC as an effective community-based organization serving a wide variety of individuals and families:
Quality, Ethics and Integrity, Teamwork, Service,
Compassion, and Innovation.
The St. Thomas East End Medical Center Corporation (STEEMCC) is dedicated to providing high quality preventative health care to every patient, while supporting research, innovation, collaboration, community engagement and a passionate and highly trained workforce.
With the support and expertise of the University of the Virgin Islands Caribbean Exploratory Research Center (UVI CERC), as well as the collaboration and participation of our Board of Directors, leadership team, managers, staff, community stakeholders and others, this document is evidence of our commitment to doing these things. Important to note is that this three (3) year strategic plan is a living document that will help serve as a framework for furthering the health center’s ability to meet patients wherever they may be on the preventative medical, mental and oral health and wellness spectrum, particularly in a post COVID-19 Global Pandemic world.
We encourage everyone to read it, share it, use it.
Karl Callwood, Chair
Francia M. Brin, Member
Mario A. Francis, Member
Laverne Slack, Member
Gloria B. Callwood, PhD., Vice Chair
Cereese Lewis-Smith, Board Secretary
Lisle Evelyn, Member
Calvin I. Gottlieb, Member
Hans R. Oriol, Treasurer
Marilyn Haynes, Member
Clifford C. Charleswell, Member
Carmen A. White, Member
- Assure that the center is operated in compliance with applicable Federal, State, and local laws and regulations.
- Hold monthly meetings, record in meeting minutes, the board’s attendance, key actions, and decisions.
- Approve the selection and termination/dismissal of the health center’s Chief Executive Officer (CEO).
- Establishing or adopting policies for the conduct of the Health Center and for updating the policies when needed.
- Review and approve the annual Health Center budget.
- Provide direction for long-range planning, including but not limited to identifying health center priorities and adopting a three-year plan for financial management and capital expenditures.
- Assess the achievement of objectives through evaluation of health center activities, including service utilization patterns, productivity [efficiency and effectiveness] of the center, and patient satisfaction.